What happens on a shoot doesn’t always stay on a shoot…
Earlier in the week I had a shoot for an advertorial. The client loved the muffins I made for the shoot so much she asked to order some for the weekend.
So I made some for her, and I made some for me, and here is the recipe for you!
Smiles all ’round. Happy Sunday everyone. x
Breakfast Berry & Sweet Dukka Muffins
Makes 16 small muffins & 8 giant muffins *
2 cups plain( I used vanilla flavoured) yoghurt
200ml sunflower oil
440g self raising flour, sifted
1 cup oats
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup frozen mixed berries
Sweet Dukka for sprinkling
1. Preheat oven to 180oC
2. Mix all the ingredients in a bowl, except the frozen berries. Do not over mix, just stir gently to combine using a large wooden spoon.
3. Spoon tablespoons of the mixture into the paper cases. Scatter berries over the mixture and sprinkle with Sweet Dukka.
4. Bake for approx 25 minutes until the tops are golden brown and a skewer inserted comes out clean.
5. Serve with coffee.. yum.
• I don’t recommend the giant ones! They are too big and just wasteful.
• I also don’t think they keep well, best to bake and eat…
Sweet Dukka Recipe
1 tspn cinnamon
1 tspn nutmeg
½ tspn ground all spice
1 tblspn sesame seeds
½ cup chopped nuts, ( I used pistachio, hazelnuts and pecan nuts.)
2 tblspn brown sugar
1. Place all the ingredients in a container with a lid. Seal and shake well to combine.
2. Sprinkle over muffins as directed in recipe.
• The mixture can be doubled and stored in an airtight container in the freezer.
• I sprinkle sweet dukka over rice pudding, cooked oats, ice cream ! and even a banana loaf.