1. Preheat oven to 180oC. Line and grease a 23 cm spring form tin.
2. Melt butter and chocolate together; take care not to over heat. Allow to cool slightly
3. Beat egg yolks and sugar in a bowl until light and fluffy
4. Gradually add the melted chocolate to the sugar mixture, stir in the flour and almond meal.
5. Place egg whites in a clean bowl and whisk until stiff peaks form.
6. Using a large metal spoon, fold half the egg whites lightly through the batter until barely combined. Fold through the remaining egg white, again barely combining.
7. Pour mixture into prepared tin, and bake for30 - 35 minutes
8. The cake will still be wobbly and soft in the centre. DO NOT OVER COOK. Remove from the oven & set aside to cool completely in the tin.
Remove from tin, cut into thin slices, dust with cocoa powder and icing sugar.
serve with a dollop of thick cream and strawberries, raspberries, or orange segments